Monday, June 21, 2004

Eclipse Special: Bill Dudney Looks at New Stuff in M9

Eclipse Special: Bill Dudney Looks at New Stuff in M9 (LinuxWorld)
M9 has been out now for a couple of weeks, and wow, has the Eclipse team made some major progress!

The tool has lots of new features (which we will look at shortly) but also has some great performance fixes and fleshing out of existing features. In particular the Ant editor works like a champ now and I've not had the frustrating lags in property name completion that were so prevalent in M8. Another minor but cool (to me anyway) feature is that new views open on the left-hand side now. For whatever reason (I'm not sure myself) I like this better than opening on the right, seems to be more organized or something. Anyway the release is great, and as I write this RC3 is being prepared (the last release candidate before 3.0 ships) so this will be the last milestone build update.

No comments: