Thursday, August 26, 2004

Actuate joins Eclipse with plans to add BI to Java IDE

Actuate joins Eclipse with plans to add BI to Java IDE

Actuate is joining the Eclipse Foundation as a strategic developer to spearhead the creation of business intelligence and reporting tools for the open-source Java IDE.

Actuate and Eclipse announced the Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) project at a news conference at the Actuate International User Conference held this week in Los Angeles.

Java programmers need BIRT because most are hand-coding BI and reporting into their business applications, says Mark Coggins, senior VP of engineering at Actuate. Putting free, downloadable XML-based BI and reporting tools on the Eclipse Web site would save Java developers time and money, he adds.

At the Webcast press conference announcing BIRT, officials from Eclipse and Actuate acknowledged this open-source project has potential benefits for them as well.

Mike Milinkovich, executive director of Eclipse, calls better reporting tools for developers a 'logical extension' of Eclipse's mission to provide open-source tools and technologies for developers. Although Eclipse claims a majority of Java programmers are using its IDE, Milinkovich sees BIRT boosting his organization's membership roles.

Read complete article. . .

11 comments:

anna said...

Amazing blog! I really enjoyed reading and hope you keep updating it frequently! I really liked the information on business intelligence! I have my own business intelligence blog if you would like to come and see what I have on mine! Also, may I put a link to this blog of yours on mine?

abigail said...

I give your blog an A+ with a Gold Star! I really enjoy your content and will be back very frequently! I enjoyed the information you had on business intelligence as well. I actually have an business intelligence blog with all kinds of cool things in it. May I put a link to this blog of yours on mine?

tweedledeetweedledum said...

This blog is awesome! If you get a chance you may want to visit this project management software site, it's pretty awesome too!

tweedledeetweedledum said...

This blog is awesome! If you get a chance you may want to visit this bit torrent movie download site, it's pretty awesome too!

WorldTrader said...

Hi!

I really enjoy your blog aimed at VoiP Solution.
This VoiP Soulution is based on P2P and I'am very impressed of all the options. It must be some of the best Voip Solutions Architecture on the net.
As an Affiliate you get a very lucrative income potentials, Total company payout: 90%
1stcommunications.biz camcast solution voip wireless
and
1stcommunications.biz camcast solution voip wireless

Regards

Trond K.

Anonymous said...

One good resource for mortgage software and many more free software alternatives is Software4YourSuccess.com
Yes it is my site and I would love for you to drop by for a second. From there you will have free access to several of my products such as The Marketing Toolbar (which is goldmine of information on how to do things quickly and on the cheap, thus saving you time and money).
Also for webmasters I have created Webmaster Wizards, which will help you with almost every aspect of putting code on your site from things such as legal and privacy disclaimers to popunders. I have so much content and free software there I could fill up this whole blog, so check it out Thanks, Sincerely Rob Rudd

Anonymous said...

I came across you blog and thought you may find this site usefull. It has gas saving tips and where to find cheap gas. download free font

:)

Linux Unix said...

Very informative blog. Please check out my forum linux blog.

Anonymous said...

Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

I have a great article resource you might want to check out.

Gordon said...

Hello, your blog is informative. I have a linux server related website, please visit and hope that it is helpful to you

George said...

custom business softwareThe Quick And Easy Way To Build Your Websitecustom business software