Friday, December 10, 2004

Avaki 6 brings Eclipse tools to EII

Avaki 6 brings Eclipse tools to EII
Avaki 6 is the latest deliverable of Avaki's so-called "EII Plus" strategy, which aims to deliver more scalable integration and distributed metadata management and data abstraction capabilities around its core data federation engine. The software also adds support for a wider range of scheduling options, enhanced data streaming, better query optimization, and more runtime monitoring and balancing capabilities across multiple Avaki servers.

A key component of the Avaki 6 release is Avaki Studio, a Eclipse-based point and click modeling environment for creating virtual data views. The software allows data integrators to define integrated views on metadata from existing data sources and uses a library of reusable integration components that can be assembled graphically to provide virtual views of data.

"Customers are telling us that they're looking beyond just point-to-point solutions for one off data integration tasks," said Tim Yeaton, CEO of Burlington, Massachusetts-based Avaki.

"They're looking for data scalable enterprise data integration that enables access and re-use of any data source by an application in a cost effective manner."

Avaki claims its modular software was designed from the ground-up to scale one data abstraction layer across large enterprises.

Arguably Avaki is playing catch up with its Studio component. Rival EII vendor MetaMatrix Inc claims to have built this metadata management and abstraction capability in its product for some time.

But Avaki says the benefits of open source Eclipse are unique and offer significant productivity benefits for developers.

Pricing for Avaki 6 starts at the workgroup level and scales up to enterprise deployments.

Read complete article. . .

7 comments:

tweedledeetweedledum said...

This blog is awesome! If you get a chance you may want to visit this cad software site, it's pretty awesome too!

Anonymous said...

One good resource for construction estimating software and many more free software alternatives is Software4YourSuccess.com
Yes it is my site and I would love for you to drop by for a second. From there you will have free access to several of my products such as The Marketing Toolbar (which is goldmine of information on how to do things quickly and on the cheap, thus saving you time and money).
Also for webmasters I have created Webmaster Wizards, which will help you with almost every aspect of putting code on your site from things such as legal and privacy disclaimers to popunders. I have so much content and free software there I could fill up this whole blog, so check it out Thanks, Sincerely Rob Rudd

Katrina said...

Do you have an Rss feed to subscribe to. If can ever get my aggregator to work I'll be set. It may be because I'm spending so much time reading about ##KEYWORD## . It's been an obsession for the last year now. Sorry, I'm thinking aloud and probably boring you with prototyping thoughts.

Katrina said...

Do you have an Rss feed to subscribe to? Im learning how to install an Rss reader and I'm learning. But it seems that I've been juggling the learning of design prototyping and development in general. I'll get it working though.

Katrina said...

I can't wait until I install my rss reader so I can subscribe to this blog. I'll have to finish building my rapid prototyping tooling site first so that I'll have a place to install the feed. Prototyping is my hobby.

Katrina said...

I can't wait until I install my rss reader so I can subscribe to this blog. I'll have to finish building my rapid prototyping tooling site first so that I'll have a place to install the feed. Prototyping is my hobby.

Katrina said...

I can't wait until I install my rss reader so I can subscribe to this blog. I'll have to finish building my rapid prototyping machine site first so that I'll have a place to install the feed. Prototyping is my hobby.