Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Why innovative tool makers ride the Eclipse horse first

Source: ZDNet.com

Summary:
Given my recent bet with Sun's Tim Bray, I'm definitely a bit more sensitized to anything that's related to NetBeans or Eclipse. So, when yesterday's announcement by development toolmaker Lattix entered my inbox bearing the title Lattix LDM for Eclipse Now Available, I figured why not give them a call to find out what the tool was for, if the company was supporting NetBeans as well, and why it picked Eclipse first. After all, to really undestand why Eclipse seems to be getting more momentum (at least that was my initial assessment) than NetBeans, it probably makes the most sense to talk to the innovators that are making decisions about which of the two to support in their products

No comments: