Thursday, July 28, 2005

Eclipse Plugins Exposed, Part 3: Customizing a Wizard

Source: ONJava.com

Summary:

A while ago, I had a tiny portable electronic address book. I took it for granted until the day it stopped working. The salesperson who sold it to me couldn't retrieve my contacts, but offered to replace it. That day I learned that data is important. This shiny gizmo was worth nothing compared to the bits stored on it.

In part one of this series, we introduced Eclipse's plugin development environment and developed a simple plugin. In part two, we added a toolbar button, a menu item, and dialogs. The result was a shiny gizmo that didn't do much for us. It simply displayed sample text using a font. Now we need to make it manage actual data. We will massage the plugin so that it does what we need it to do. This article discusses editor documents and shows how to customize a wizard.

Read complete article. . .

No comments: